Forum Terms of service
The moderators and administrators of this forum will do their best to delete or edit any reprehensible messages that may be posted on the forum. You acknowledge that all messages posted on this forum express the opinion of their respective authors, and do not necessarily reflect the position of the moderators and administrators.
In order to ensure the moderation of this forum, any message violating the preceding provisions may be edited or deleted without notice by the moderators and administrators of the forum. Any abuse may also be sanctioned by banning or deleting the user account. We reserve the right to inform your access provider and/or the judicial authorities of any malicious behaviour.
This forum may send you electronic messages (e-mail), such as activity notifications, or newsletters, sent by Forumotion or by an administrator of this forum. You can choose in your profile preferences to receive or not each of these messages.
Click on the button 'I Agree to these terms' below :
- You acknowledge that you have read these rules in their entirety ;
- You agree to comply fully with this rules ;
- You grant moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any topic at any time.
THE PURPOSE OF THESE FORUMS
The purpose of these forums is to provide a central location for the MSU Film Club community to find information, communicate, socialize and have fun. If you are new to the community and are unsure about anything, just ask! If you have been around for a while, be sure to help out.
These rules are in place for all message boards to ensure a safe, positive experience for all users in a professional atmosphere. All persons posting in these forums should be treated with respect and in a manner which will create an enjoyable positive experience for all. These rules are not contestable.
Users who continue to violate these rules will be entered into a database of Banned Users. The database includes information on your IP address (a unique number assigned by your Internet provider), for tracking and disciplinary purposes—even if you post under multiple names and/or email addresses. Posting using someone else's alias is strictly prohibited.
While our rules cover the majority of incidents that may occur, we cannot anticipate all circumstances, and as such, the administrators and moderators reserve the right to adjudicate, and take ANY actions we deem appropriate, in any circumstances. This is to ensure that the forum is not disrupted or brought into disrepute, either willfully, or by association with a member. An administrator's decision in any matter referred to him/her is final.
You agree, through your use of the MSU Film Club forum, that you will abide by these Rules of Conduct.
Please take some time to carefully read and understand the Rules of Conduct, and the penalties for violations. Non-compliance will result in forfeiture of your privilege to access the forums and may result in a permanent ban.
1. You may not distribute or spotlight sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, or hateful content. This includes posting links to sites which contain any of the above.
2. Any attempts to breach forum, website security, or gain unauthorized access into user accounts. This includes the action of guessing passwords, successful or not. Assisting others with such attempts or actions also constitutes a violation.
3. Exploiting, or attempting to exploit, forum vulnerabilities, or loopholes.
4. Spamming (flooding, thread bumping) the forum with repeat or similar meaning messages. What constitutes spamming behavior is at the discretion of the MSU Film Club administration. Posting a significant number of threads in a short period of time in an attempt to tamper with forum statistics, raise personal visibility, or lobby for a specific cause, among other reasons, constitutes spamming. Additionally, comments that don’t contribute to the board, cross posts, and messages posted repeatedly will not be tolerated.
5. Submitting messages that are inflammatory and made simply with the intent to provoke disruption to the forumand encourage, incite or continue ‘flame’ messages. Trolling/baiting will not be tolerated. Trolling refers to deliberate and intentional attempts to disrupt the usability of MSU Film Club forums for its administrators, moderators, users and other people who use this as a space for sharing information, communicating and socializing. Trolling is deliberate violation of the implicit rules of Internet social spaces. Messages that are disruptive and destructive in character will not be tolerated. Baiting (flaming) is deemed to include insults, personally directed criticisms, and/or messages that include comments aimed to incite anger.
6. Users are entitled to one primary account. While secondary accounts are allowed, any account created for the purpose of trolling or otherwise violating these Forum Guidelines will result in the permanent ban of the secondary account and the temporary or permanent ban of the primary account, at the moderators' discretion.
7. Giving, discussing, requesting, or linking to information that is either directly or indirectly related to obtaining pirated or unauthorized copyrighted materials, serial numbers, serial number generators and No-CD patches may result in an immediate ban.
8. Registering accounts with usernames or using screen names that are offensive or created with intent to cause disruption to the forums.
9. Do not create threads/posts to "petition" for forum features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a "petition" for others to sign. This is spamming/bumping in disguise and will not be allowed.
10. Keep feedback constructive. All feedback on the club is appreciated as long as it is constructive. Keep it straightforward and include examples and facts when applicable. For example, "This club is @#$%!" is not constructive feedback. An example of constructive feedback might be: "I am annoyed with the following things about the club and here's why.” Voice your opinions without being abusive or offensive, as posts are recognized and appreciated if they are constructive and communicated in a mature fashion.
11. You may not impersonate any MSU Film Club Officer, past or present. This includes the use or modification of the MSU Film Club logos as a forum avatar.
12. Respect the opinions of others. Rather than arguing with someone, if you have a contrasting opinion, please state it simply and clearly. If necessary, agree to disagree with others who may have differing opinions. When discussions result in long, hostile arguments, the thread will be closed or removed. Also, do not dismiss other players by calling them "whiners," "fanbois," or other derogatory terms, or suggesting that they "just kill yourself." This is NOT constructive.
13. The discussion of race, religion and politics; using expressions or language in messages that are considered foul, vulgar, hateful, bigoted, sexually harassing, racially offensive, or are in any way discriminatory. Whether the discussion or expression falls within this definition will be determined at the discretion of the MSU Film Club administrators and/or appointed forum moderators.
14. Submitting messages that are not within the designated forum areas identified subject scope or defined topic. The forum does have an off-topic area for broader general discussion. Please note that posts made to the off-topic forum area must comply in all respects with all other standards and requirements as stipulated in this Rules of Conduct.
15. Submitting messages that personally attack, insult, threaten, harass or are clearly disrespectful of the opinions of other participants. This means: if you are engaging in debates that involve challenging, questioning and disputing the opinions and views of others, you are required to do so in a civil manner and ensure that your messages are relevant and on-topic. This rule does not exclude messages that are critical or questioning. It does, however, require that you carefully consider the tone of language in such messages to ensure that they are civil.
16. Threads that make threats or use other combative language will be removed without notice. In the event that you ask a question on the board, please provide ample time for response by a moderator. In some cases, there may not be an available answer to your question. In the event of legitimate emergencies, or other unprecedented scenarios, moderators will endeavor to provide comments, even if only to state that there is no officially available information. No "I Demand Answers" threads.
17. Moderators do not discuss disciplinary action taken against members either with other members or on the forums, and we ask that you also abide by this rule. Any threads or posts that mention infractions/bans etc. will be removed and might result in further disciplinary action. Threads designed to announce, appeal or contest a forum or game banning decision on behalf of a third party will be removed.
18. All posts referring to message board censorship will be removed. All message board content is allowed/removed at the discretion of the MSU Film CLub. These posts will be removed and the poster warned. Any further posts will be removed, and the poster will be banned from the message boards. Also, working around a ban to continue posting is also prohibited and may incur an extension of a current ban.
19. No conspiracy threads. Threads that make groundless claims about MSU Film Club Officers or any of its members acting in collusion with or granting favoritism to any group will be removed without notice.
20. No legal action threads. Using the forums or PMs for encouraging, promoting, endorsing, or inciting any kind of legal action against anyone is strictly prohibited. Such content will be removed, and the author's posting privileges will be permanently suspended. Additionally, any threat of legal action against the company or its representatives will result in immediate suspension of all forum and accounts until the issue is resolved.
21. You may not re-post private messages on the forums without the express consent of the sender.
22. Posting of images and avatars are subject to the following conditions:
- a. Images and avatars may not contain profanity, nudity or other content that compromises the atmosphere of the MSU Film Club forums.
- b. Forum avatars submitted for inclusion to the selection pool must not exceed 150 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height.
- c. Content which falls outside these guidelines may be removed at the sole discretion of the MSU Film Club administrators and its appointed moderators and representatives.
23. Non-adherence or violation of the appropriate content guidelines. Uploaded content and forum avatars are subject to approval by administrators.
24. Censoring - This is a public forum and as such you will notice some of the text in your posts being blanked out by asterisks (*) from time to time. This is as a result of an "auto censor" which censors certain words. Censoring of undesirable words is also carried out by community team members, Moderators or other staff members, but you will see an "edited by" note at the foot of your post, with a reason for the edit, in this case.
- PLEASE NOTE that using "alternative" spelling for swear words or using undesirable words, phrases, usernames, locations, place names or in fact anything visible in a user profile, is strictly forbidden and will result in action being taken by staff. The Management of this forum further reserves the right to decide what they deem as inappropriate content in order to preserve a family environment.
25. Interfering with, criticizing and/or publicly commenting about moderation decisions. Messages commenting on or criticizing forum administrative actions will be removed without warning. Any complaints or disagreements regarding forum moderation should be made by contacting appeals. No personal attacks against forum moderators. If you disagree with an action taken by a moderator, you can send your complaint via PM to the moderator or administrators and submit your issue. Please include your forum account name in all correspondence.Violations and Penalties
Violation or infringement of any of the Rules of Conduct may result in the immediate revocation, suspension or termination of the privilege to post on Fallen Earth forums or participate in the game. Fallen Earth reserves the right to vary the severity and suddenness of the penalty based on the nature of the violation. Fallen Earth reserves the right to refuse to post or remove any posts, material or links that we deem unacceptable, offensive or in violation of the rules without further notice. We also reserve the right to suspend, prohibit or terminate the registration of any user who violates the rules from using the site or site related services without warning.
Fallen Earth Community Team members, administrators and staff are the sole arbiters as to what constitutes a violation of the Rules of Conduct. As Fallen Earth’s forums are privately owned, Rules of Conduct are non-negotiable. Arguing with a Moderator about disciplinary measures or interpretation of the Rules of Conduct can lead to your removal from the forums. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless, Fallen Earth and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We reserve the right to revoke your membership to the forum or disable your posting ability for any or no reason whatsoever.
All administrative actions taken by the moderators and administrators of these forums and game chat channels are final. These actions may include but are not limited to: delete/close/edit/move thread/message, banning, kicking, & account reset. The posting of any personal attacks or criticisms directed at the Fallen Earth staff and appointed forum and game moderators will not be tolerated.
Should you have any questions or comments on Fallen Earth LLC’s forum and game conduct please contact appeals.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You understand that members like you contribute the content of these forums, that MSU Film Club does not control and is not responsible for your content, and the MSU Film Club does not in any way guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, legality or completeness of any such content. You expressly agree that you bear all the risks associated with such content and that the MSU Film Club is not liable in any way for such content, for its errors and omissions, and for any losses and damage incurred as a result of accessing or using such content. The MSU Film Club reserves the right to change its policies at any time.
The MSU Film Club may from time to time monitor content on the forum to ensure a constructive community but does not offer formal support for the forums directly, nor does it guarantee regular monitoring of these forums.By posting in this community, you agree to these rules and regulations.
These guidelines are provided so that you know what is expected in the MSU Film Club forums and what you may expect from others. Forums are here to have fun and communicate. Enjoy!